Day 1: Organisation
Curzio Malaparte & Adalberto Libera, "Casa Malaparte"
How to work together, Organisation Charts
Study 1 and presentations
Day 2: Design quality
Swiss Re & Foster + Partner, "Building the Gherkin"
How to work together, Service Provision
Study 2 and presentations
Day 3: Collaboration
Cultural Affairs France & Piano + Rogers, "Centre Pompidou"
Study 3 and presentations
Day 4: Contracting
Edith Farnsworth & Mies van der Rohe, "Farnsworth House"
Contracts / Agreements / Fee
Study 4 and presentations
Day 5: Responsability
My Clients & Me, Business Model
Study 5 and presentations
Day 6: International Business Management and Planification
Day 7: International Negotiations and Presentations
- Equip the participants with a clear understanding of the need of considering the practice of architecture as a business, the dark side of the Moon, that makes the practice of architecture sustainable, from the start-up to the long run.
- Create awareness and familiarity with building a Business & Marketing Planification.
- Understand that practice overseas is possible.
- Hints & tips on how to get help in this complex Universe of Architecture: we are not alone in the dark side.
- Equip the participants with the two main types of negotiations: competitive and collaborative.
- Equip the participants with a clear understanding of the two main types of negotiations: competitive and collaborative.
- Understand and use a template that will them prepare a multiparty, complex negotiation quickly and effectively.
- Be aware of the main theories connected with intercultural communication and how they can affect a business relationship (specifically focusing on presentations, meetings and negotiations).
- Know the main elements of a presentation and be able to prepare one in a structured fashion.
- Understand the ethical applications of techniques of applied persuasion.
- Developing creativity and applying it to a work context.
- Broad elements of theory covered in class.
- Read material outside class in preparation for class.
- Negotiations applied to the “business” of architecture in reduced groups for analysis.
- Sample presentations, applying the structures learned.
- 360º feedback.